Wednesday, January 14, 2009

me gusta mucho mis siestas

although all the young folk seem to think the infamous siesta is antiquated, i am not gonna lie, i am loving my midday nap. my understanding is that siesta is more widely accepted and participated in by the younger generation during the summer when it is unbearably hot in the middle of the day and not so much in the winter when the weather at high noon is much milder...yesterday daniel was laughing at jamie's and my fondness of the noonday snooze, but hey when in rome right? especially if you're not gonna be eating dinner until late, i see no reason not to indulge oneself in a lazy lunch followed by a few zzzs. in fact, i find no better way to spend the afternoon hours, when all shops are closed anyway....i'm bringing the siesta home with me, one way or another...

No comments: