Sunday, January 18, 2009

i know i'm a nerd but..

one of my favorite aficiones (hobbies) at mi apartmento is to watch tv with my computer in front of me (wordreference.com, my new best friend cuz its a dictionary and the smartest website ever--it conjugates verbs for me and tells me if my words are mexican or spanish, a big help so i dont sound like a central/south american all the time) and look up all the words i dont know. in my down time i watch disney channel shows like "wizards of waverley place" and that jamie lynn spears show...totally lame but it's so great for learning the espanol. and then there's the usual fare of really messed up and weird spanish movies (lots of death, adultery, whatnot) and my fav, the guinness book of world records show where they have people do stuff and then they get a medal if they break the record. ive also seen this show about these two girls who are twins but dont know each other (still trying to figure out how that works) and people get them confused all the time, its a spanish show and i'm loving it...kind of reminds me of veliebt in berlin (hilary, remember?). its hard for me to get used to watching the news at 9, probably cuz of 24 years of the news being on at 6 (but obviously here everybody gets home from work at 9 so that's when the dinner/news hour is). so i sit and drink my vino tinto, watch my shows and make flashcards for the words i dont understand....it's a fun game.

No comments: